I loved creating 3 unique backgrounds for more of my Abigail Rose Cards!! These were images I colored with Watercolor Pencils, fussy cut with Paper Snips, then adhered them to 3 very different card backgrounds!
Embossed Vellum Background:
The Highland Heather card base below was my color choice for picking up the sweet soft purple flowers on this card. I embossed a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of cardstock vellum with my Pretty Flowers embossing folder for the background, but felt it needed some white cardstock between the vellum and the Highland Heather.
Alcohol Ink Technique Background:
This was the very last piece of Alcohol Ink background I had in my stash (time to make more… Tammy.. time for a craft date)… If you missed that video, you can see the Alcohol Ink Technique instructions on my YouTube channel. The soft pink and purple hues in the background were perfect for these flowers! I also added a smaller piece of white cardstock embossed with the Pretty Flowers embossing folder (same one as card above).
Alcohol Ink Vellum Background Instructions:
This is my version, you can watch it on YouTube
- Scribble Stampin’ Blends ink onto Vellum Cardstock
- Spritz with 90% Rubbing Alcohol in a spritzer or spray bottle
- Dip Brush or Water Painter into Rubbing Alcohol and dab onto each color (doing all of one color at a time, clean brush, move to next color, etc.)
- Drip, tap and splash Wink of Stella as desired
- Drip, tap and splash rubbing alcohol
- Flick more ink from Stampin’ Blends onto project
- Dry with heat tool if desired
- Mount to cardstock – mounting on white will really make the colors pop!
If you’d like to give the watercolor pencil coloring a try, I invite you to watch my watercolor pencil video tutorial! Coloring the printed Abigail Rose designer paper makes this super quick and easy.. no stamping!
Timeworn Type Embossed Background:
For a very subtle background with great texture, try the Timeworn Type embossing folder! I die cut the cardstock first with the Stitched Rectangle die, but that’s an optional step.
More Ideas & Video
If you missed it… check out the other cards and FREE VIDEO TUTORIAL!
I love to read your comments! To leave a comment Please CLICK HERE.
Want to leave a comment? Please CLICK HERE.
SHOP and SAVE: Clearance Rack
Join my Luv 2 Stamp Team of demonstrators – click for info
Sign Up for my Customer Newsletter
MY FREE VIDEOS tutorials